Friday, November 2, 2012


I went to Bandung to improve my Bahasa Indonesian and I was luckily enough to visit the Panti Ashuan Bayi Sehat. As I entered the 3 story building I was warmly welcomed by Pak Y? who excitedly told me to go ahead and freely walk around the establishment. At first I was a little nervous as it was very quiet however I was then greeted by 2 young boys with the biggest smiles I have ever seen. As I walked around I was very surprised to see how tidy and clean the establishment was. The Panti Ashuan Bayi Sehat is split into 3 levels, 1st floor for boys, 2nd floor for girls and top floor for babies.

My friend and I spent time with the staff as we were setting up for our activities. We found them very friendly, professional and caring, especially the head caretaker Ibu ? who had a great sense of humor and a big heart. During this time I was able to meet many children and the loud laughter and smiles on their faces was rewarding as well as overwhelming.  We spent the whole time, playing games, coloring books and talking to the children off all ages.

I was able to sneak away for a moment to visit the babies on the top floor. This was heart breaking as there were many babies there no older than 3 month old. Even though I was upset I was overwhelmed with joy as I could see the big smiles on the babies faces as well as how professional and caring the staff were.

The Panti Ashuan Bayi Sehat oozed love from both the staff and the children and I could really feel the presence of God throughout the whole establishment. The Panti Ashuan Bayi Sehat is a beautiful orphanage and I encourage all Australians to visit the children there.
Courtney Patterson
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment